Construction site accidents can be calamitous events. More than one person might be injured in this type of incident. Moreover, the extent of a worker’s injuries, or those of some other person, might be extensive or even fatal. There are four key benefits to be realized by proactively retaining the services of an experienced Fontana construction site lawyer.
- Experience in representing people injured from a wide array of construction accidents
- Familiarity with insurance company claim tactics
- Familiarity with litigation processes and procedures
- Experiencing in negotiation for an appropriate financial settlement
Each of these primary benefits of retaining a Fontana construction accident lawyer is discussed in turn.
Eight Most Commonplace Construction Accidents
Before diving deeper into a discussion of the benefits to be realized by retaining a Fontana construction accident lawyer, a briefing on the eight most commonplace types of construction accidents is important. Understanding the nature and extent of construction site accidents works to underscore the need to be proactive in retaining a qualified constriction accident lawyer. While there can be some minimal movement to and from the top eight list of construction site accidents from one year to the next, generally speaking, this have been and remain the most commonplace injury-causing incidents that occur at building sites:
- Slip, trip, and fall incidents: According to the S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, somewhere in the neighborhood of 22,000 accidents of this nature occur annually at construction sites across the country. In fact, this is one of the most frequently occurring type of accident at a construction site, making up almost 20 percent of all building site accidents in a given year.
- Falling objects: Falling objects of different types, including materials, equipment, and debris is another primary cause of construction site injury accidents across the country. These types of accidents not only put construction workers at risk but members of the community as well. Falling objects regularly fall outside the parameters of a construction site, injuring passersby.
- Crushed between objects: Yet another of the more frequently occurring construction accident that result in injury and death are incidents involving a person being crushed between objects. This includes being crushed by equipment and vehicles at a building site. This accounts for 5 percent of all construction site workplace fatalities, according to the Occupational Safety and Health Administration, or OSHA.
- Electrocutions: Electrocutions are on the list of the most frequently occurring construction accidents. The presence of live electrical cable that may be exposed at any given moment result in workers being burn, shocked, or fatally electrocuted.
- Machinery accidents: One need only glance at a construction site to recognize how many different types of machinery and heavy equipment are in operation. Sadly, each and every year, a considerable number of construction workers are injured in machinery accidents. There can be a number of different underlying reasons why a person is seriously or even fatally injured in a machinery accident. The devastating nature of these types of accident underscores the importance yet again of seeking professional assistance from an experienced Fontana construction accident injury lawyer.
- Trench collapses: Construction sites not only involve building up but a good deal of activity going underground as well. This includes the creation go a trenches and similar underground efforts as part of an overall construction project. With grim regularity, a Fontana construction accident injury attorney is called upon to represent people who’ve been injured in incidents involving trench collapses. Each year, families lose loved ones who are killed in these types of tragic accidents at construction sites in California.
- Struck by vehicles: Vehicles of different types are seen moving to and from building sites throughout the day and even into the night. Moreover, vehicles of different types are operated within the boundaries of construction sites themselves. The significant number of vehicles running in and around construction sites opens the door for a significant risk of accidents and injuries. The commonplace nature of these types of incidents puts being struck by some type of vehicle on the list of the more frequently occurring construction site accident accidents in Fontana and elsewhere in the United States.
- Falls from heights: Finally, on the list of the most frequently occurring construction accidents is falling from heights. Every year, dedicated workers lose their lives as the result of a fall from a height at a construction site, a deadly fall caused by some sort of negligence on the part of another party. In addition to workers dying in these types of falls, others who are victims of this type of accident suffer severe and oftentimes debilitating injuries. These types of claims and cases can prove to be complicated, necessitating the need for a skilled, committed Fontana construction site accident lawyer.
Experience in Representing People Injured from a Wide Array of Construction Accidents
As was made mention at the start of this discussion, there are certain types of construction accidents that are more commonplace in Fontana, elsewhere in California, and across the United States as a whole. The reality is that a Fontana construction accident attorney with a strong background in addressing the unique demands of claims involving one or another of these types of incidents provides more focused representation than would a personal injury generalist from some other locale.
Familiarity with Insurance Company Claim Tactics
Resurrecting a cliché to make a point, dogs might be people’s best friend, but massive insurance companies certainly are not the compatriots of injured folks. The fundamental reality regarding insurance companies involved in construction accident claims is that they are not in business to advocate for justice and financial restoration for an injured worker or other individuals. Rather, insurance conglomerates exist for one primary and paramount purpose: to make money for their shareholders and other stakeholders (executives and others).
The stunning reality is that insurance companies are able to enhance their bottom lines and profits on the backs of people injured in construction site accidents. A Fontana construction accident lawyer not only recognizes the schemes used by insurance companies to limit payments to deserving accident victims but also understands how to combat those harmful strategies perpetrated by insurers. In many ways, retaining the professional services of a Fontana construction accident law firm is key to laying a sounder foundation upon which to build an effective claim for compensation for injuries.
Familiarity with Litigation Processes and Procedures
Another benefit of hiring a Fontana construction accident attorney is the fact that this type of counsel will be familiar with litigation processes and procedures.
Experiencing in Negotiation for an Appropriate Financial Settlement
A keen understanding of how to negotiate in a construction accident case is crucial. (Most cases of this type are resolved short of going to trial.) This fact represents another of the important, primary benefits of retaining the experienced, tenacious professional services of a Fontana construction accident attorney.
The first step in retaining the services of an experienced, capable, dedicated Fontana construction accident lawyer is scheduling an initial consultation. During an initial consultation, an attorney provides a general, preliminary case evaluation. A prospective client also has the opportunity to ask questions about the case. There typically is no charge for an initial consultation with a Fontana construction site accident attorney.